Hungary for Beginners Club – History
Hungarian history is like a real-life Game of Thrones – OK, my old history book contained a lot less nudity and sex scenes, but enough blood, torture, and tricks to reach a crown.
But don’t be afraid, we don’t offer you a typical history lesson with a lot of boring dates, facts, and names, just an interesting and exciting insight into Hungarian history.
Our speaker, Kata Hidasi will speak about the following topics:
- From where Hungarians come from, origins, language
- Legends and myths of the origins of Hungarians
- How could we become a European nation, St. István (Stephen)
- Geopolitical situation of the country: how eclectic we are, also genetically
- King Mátyás (Matthias) and the renaissance life here
- Habsburg Empire
- Golden age and Budapest became a Metropolis
- WW 1. – Trianon
- Red and White Terror
- Conservative period and economic crises
- circumstances that led us ending up in WW2.
- Soviet troops and the Nazis
After a roughly 1,5 hour session, you are invited to talk, chat and network with each other, share your experiences, thoughts, and feelings about how your history connects to Hungarian history.
Come and join us!
Please don’t forget to register below – we have space for maximum 50 people.